The countdown has begun: in 29 days, AJLA states will convene in Boston for the 29th Annual AJLA Conference. From Tuesday, July 25, to Thursday, July 27, we will enjoy the hospitality of The Langham – Boston and the opportunity to network with workforce development colleagues and AJLA–TS staff.
During the days, we’ll be charting the future of AJLA applications, hearing workforce development updates, and collaborating to share strategies on workforce policies and programs. Join us for a great lineup of great speakers, including:
- Tim Martin, Director of the Office of State Systems for ETA Region 1
- Christina Graff Eckenroth, Executive Assistant to the Regional Administrator for ETA Region 1
- Ken Messina, Rapid Response Director for the Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development, Division of Career Services
- Steven Trueman, Vice President of Workforce Development Operations for the Regional Employment Board of Hampden County
- Stacey Thompson, Workshop Facilitator, Career Center of Lowell, MA
- Freddie Velez, Deputy Director of Youth Options Unlimited (YOU) Boston
- Charlie Terrell, NASWA Project Manager
- Francheska Atchison, Jobs for Veterans State Grants Program Lead for USDOL/VETS
Evenings will be free to enjoy the sights, sounds, and tastes of Boston. We recommend checking out the Boston Calendar or browsing through our Pinterest board for the conference, which is full of suggestions. We’ll also be using the Topi app for the days of the conference for an interactive agenda, speaker list, and photo stream.