Are you going to this year’s 28th Annual AJLA Conference in San Francisco? We sure hope so! The theme this year is Collaborate – Create – Captivate, and we’ll be using innovative ways to engage attendees and generate opportunities for creative collaboration. To this end, we’re excited to announce an app for our event! Topi is a free event organizer that you can visit online or download for Android or Apple devices. Topi will give you mobile access to the schedule, speaker information, and other great conference content. It also doubles as a fantastic networking opportunity, allowing you to chat and connect with other attendees through the app.
If you want to get a head start, you can download the app before the conference, or at least preview the web version.
Download the App
- Download the free Topi app from Google Play or the iTunes App Store on your tablet or smartphone.
- Open the app and log in with your Facebook or LinkedIn credentials.
- If you do not have or would prefer not to use Facebook or LinkedIn credentials, we can create a unique login for you. The downside is that you would have to manually build up your profile information. If you would like us to create a login, just contact us.
- Before the event starts, you can access the event by typing in the code “28AJLA” upon login (See Figure 1).
- Once in San Francisco, the app’s geo-fencing feature will suggest the conference for you.
- Select Event Info in the expanding menu to view conference information, the conference agenda, speaker and exhibitor info, surveys, and more (see Figure 2).
Exploring the Event Info
- Select Information for an overview of the conference.
- Use the Live Chat to schedule lunch or dinner with a few colleagues.
- Open the public Social Wall to comment about the conference, or to leave pictures!
- Check out the color-coded Agenda, with information on sessions and pictures of speakers.
- Find out more about the Speakers, see when they’re scheduled to speak, give a rating to their presentation, and bookmark them as favorites.
- Learn about the companies our four special guest speakers work for in the Exhibitors section.
- Answer Surveys and see the results live. (Some surveys may not open until their respective presentations.)
- Use the Bookmarks to view agenda items, speakers, or exhibitors that you’ve marked as favorites.
- Share on social media! In Event Info, use the Twitter hashtag #ajla28 to tweet about the conference (connects to Twitter if loaded on your device).
- Use the Private Notes feature to type, record audio, or draw notes about the conference.
- In Documents, see presentation files, URLs for Prezis, and more.
Visit the Website
- If you don’t want to download an app, you can view a web-based version of the app at ajla28.topi.com.
- Use the web version to access the schedule, speaker and exhibitor information, and AJLA social media. Dynamic features like the live chat, social wall, surveys, and note taking are not available on the website.
We hope this event app will captivate your attention and spark creativity and collaboration. If you have any questions about the app or about the conference, just let us know. See you in San Francisco!